Friday, August 3, 2012

Hello Friday!!

It's my most favoritest (yes I just made that word up) day of the week, Friday! 

Nothing too exciting going on this weekend which is quite welcomed by this girl! I feel like Kyle and I have been on the go non-frickin-stop and while I love being busy, it starts to wear you down. 

 Anywho right before the wedding I was eating healthy and working out and I felt great! Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and I had gained back the weight I lost and wasn't working out nearly enough.  I started feeling tired all the time and like a big fat blob! So I decided to buy the book The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm 2 weeks into the program and I really like it.  It breaks it up into different phases and really helps you gain a better understanding of strength training.  Like a lot of females I would go to the gym, hop on the elliptical, do my cardio and leave.  After doing much research I realized I needed to start strength training but didn't really know what to do.  This book has been such a lifesaver as it lays out a strength training plan for you. I definitely recommend this book  to anyone just beginning to explore the world of strength training.  




Like I mentioned before I would always do the same cardio at the gym and wondered why I wasn't losing any weight.  After repeating something for so long your body gets used to it and stops responding (duh Ashley).  So  I have decided to do the Couch to 5k running program with my friend Ashley.  We check in with each other to discuss how we feel like our legs are going to fall off how we did and to keep each other accountable.  So far I think it's working because I feel like if I don't do my run, I'm somehow letting her down so it keeps me motivated.  

Well time to be productive.  At lunch today I plan on going to the gym to do my 4th workout of the strength training program.  Wish me luck! Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad we're doing the c25k together! Now if only this weather wasn't so freaking redic hot/humid I'd be soooo much happier about doing it! haha

    ReplyDelete